Friday 17 April 2015

General Comments about the progression of my work

At the start of this project i wished to produce a contemporary  R&B music magazine. However as i went through the process and did more research i discovered the sub genre of PBR&B. This particularly interested me and was an idea that i had in mind, that i had found had actually been classified into a specific sub genre of R&B. This gave me more scope and room to challenge conventions and take features and aspects from a few different genres to produce my final product.  I was glad that my research allowed me to find this as it let me produce something a bit different and unique from already, pre-existing R&B music magazines. As a result of all this the style i was going for changed quite drastically throughout the process, and this can be seen especially by comparing my first draft product and my final product. I believe my first draft product follows a style which is more typical of the conventional R&B style, however my final product is more representative of the PBR&B sub genre i wished to include and of the genre and general intentions i had for my magazine which was to be predominantly an R&B magazine, however with other genres intertwined to create something a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment