Thursday 16 April 2015

Changes made to double page spread


I think i was most happy with the improvements that i made between my first draft version of the double page spread and the final product.  In the first draft the columns of text were very out of line with each other and made the page look scruffy and un professional. In my final draft I made sure that the text was in line and made is slightly smaller and added more text in. I also changed the font of the name of the article/ the artists name as although i liked this text i wanted to go for something more simplistic to match the contents page and to create some consistency throughout the pages of the magazine. I removed the patterned design at the side of the right hand page and changed the image as i did not believe the image was of the best quality. However i went for a similar style in the photo, in the fact that my artist is pulling a similar pose. Instead i also made the image smaller but kept it on the right hand page and added a black border around it to keep it more simple and to add to the minimalist design. I removed the quote from the bottom of the page and instead added more text to make the columns longer so that this made up the majority of the left hand page. I also made the page mumbers smaller, changed them and moved the page numbers to the correct sides of the page. I also added the name of the magazine on both pages at the top in order to brand the magazine and for advertisement purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment