Friday 17 April 2015

Analysis, evaluation and general comments on my final contents page

Above is my final contents page. I am happy with this part of the product but probably less so than my front cover and my double page spread. I understand that this differs quite significantly from the contents that i produced in my first draft, however I believe i can justify these changes. For starters, i would like to mention again how as my research developed i found a new sub genre of R&B that particularly interested me and which i adapted some of my work to allow this sub genre to fit in. This was PBR&B and looked at less contemporary R&B styles that infused other genres such as alternative, and hip hop. I believe that the way i adapted my contents page from the first draft was more inclusive of this sub genre, for example, the image located on the right hand side of the page includes two artists who wear styles more typical of the alternative/indie genre. Where as my main cover star, Aliyah Mae, on the left hand side of the page appears to be more of a contemporary R&B star. I tried to use a combination of the two to create a balance on this page. I believe that as an improvement, if i had the chance to do this again or make another draft, i would've perhaps taken a few more photos of a better quality and where i had more time to put to use the photography skills that i had researched. However my contents page fits into the style that i have aimed for all along, which was a neat, clean cut style, with the main use of a black and white colour scheme. This is what i looked for in most of my style models that I analysed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment