Tuesday 17 February 2015

PBR&B Aspect of my magazine

PBR&B has several different terms, but is mainly a term used to classify an emerging and stylistic approach to contemporary R&B. This takes into account the fusion of different genres of music with R&B, such as alternative and indie and hip hop. This is something which i wish to account for in my music magazine as this was the main inspiration behind my title. I wish to include some elements that i have looked at more independently, such as clash magazine and Q which i have done some evaluations of earlier in the project. Some artists that i have looked at to inspire this aspect of the magazine include Frank Ocean, Miguel and The Weeknd. I will look at some of the styles also and try and reflect this in my final product.  


Some of the styles seen by such artists that belong to the sub genre of PBR&B seem to have more quirky styles. Some of these make the styles seem more similar to that that would be worn by alternative and indie stars and some from hip hop. Therefore i will try and represent this in some way, possibly through the use of images and my artists in my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment