Friday 6 February 2015

Draft article

Draft article for media coursework:
Once hidden in the diversity of suburban London, Aliyah Mae always had a passion for music. She thrived on the thought of one day having a successful career in the music industry and collaborating with some of her favourite stars. But now her dream has become a reality and she is embracing every aspect of the life she once used to dream of. With 3 hit singles and 1 chart topping UK album ‘Release’, Aliyah Mae has the fame, the fortune and the fascination of a huge and dedicated fan base.  She is one of the many upcoming UK talents to broaden the horizons for the R&B genre, however the journey to stardom hasn’t always come easy. Scope caught up with Aliyah to gain some insight into her hectic lifestyle, as one of the most exciting, upcoming young prodigy’s of the R&B genre in the UK today.
So Aliyah, what does it feel like to know the huge popularity of your music across the country over the last few months?
It feels amazing, it’s everything I’ve ever dreamed of, and it’s all happened so quickly. I wanted to make music that people could relate to, that made people feel up-lifted and happy, but that people could also relate to no matter what mood they may be in. I wanted to create variety on my album and I think that this has been one of the major features that has contributed to its success.
Does the album title ‘release’ have any meaning or relevance to you?
Definitely. Everything in my album is a reflection of myself. How I feel, my thoughts, my opinions. I wanted to make something real, something that I could use to show people who Aliyah Mae really was. I’ve always been so shy and struggled to find a voice, and this album has allowed me to express myself in so many ways.  And that’s why I chose ‘Release’ for my album title, because this for me was a release, it was me being me and being able to share that with everybody.  I hope that my music can be a release for others as well; I like to think there’s something for everybody.
What are your favourite tracks on the album and why?
That’s an excellent question but my honest answer is that I couldn’t name any because they’re all unique in their own way and I enjoy listening back to every one of them, which for me shows I have been successful. I love heartbeat, it’s extremely catchy and its very uplifting, it’s the kind of song you love to listen to on a Friday night when returning home from work, ready for the weekend. I always remember them songs from when I was younger and they were always my favourite. So if I had to name one, it would probably be this track.
We know how many new artists are coming into the R&B industry. Is this a threat to you or do you see it as progression for your genre?
Of course there is always going to be some competition between artists within the same area, but healthy competition is what makes you thrive to create better music. It’s what drives the industry and makes people more passionate about the tracks they produce. It inspires me when I see some of the new young stars like myself breaking into the industry. The more the merrier I say.
So who are some of the stars that inspired you when you were younger and gave you your passion for music?
I loved so many different types of music and there is so many people that inspired me. But of course I have my favourites and they deserve every credit for giving me such a keen passion for music. I loved bands such as Destiny’s Child and Mary J Blige was always one of my favourites. As well as Rihanna, Beyonce, Nelly, Usher, Neyo and many more. They’re all people whose music will inspire me and will be reflected in the tracks that I produce.
Do you think that one day you will get the opportunity to collaborate with one of your inspirations?
That is one of my ultimate goals, it’s one of the indicators that I will have reached my full potential in my music career. It’s still a dream at the minute, but it’s very achievable and I hope as I continue to produce tracks that I will get more recognition from those who have inspired me. Never say never.
Any ideas for your future work?

In all honesty, I’m still caught up in the buzz and excitement of my album reaching number 1.I’ve always got ideas, I’m an artist, so my work never stops. It’s a part of my life. But I couldn’t possibly tell on my ideas. That would be ruining the surprise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment