Tuesday 10 February 2015

Looking at photography styles and the way that artists are represented


For some of my research i thought it would be useful to look at photography of some of the artists my product would be based around and inspired by and the way this photography represents the artist. This may help me when taking my photo's and to find more effective ways of producing my images. Firstly I looked at these images of R&B artist, Chris Brown. The styles in this photography are interesting, for example a lot of black is used which gives me confidence that my main idea for a predominantly black and white colour scheme will work. The images produced contrast quite significantly, for example the top image is more controversial and different. The pose he is pulling makes the image more light hearted where as the bottom image is quite serious and sincere. I also find it interesting how both images are presented in black and white. This is typical of one of the styles that I am thinking about producing which is quite a clean cut and classy looking style. Looking at images like this also helps me to see that my images need to be thought through, such as the mise en scene and how this will affect the way that my final product is received and the quality of the images is another important factor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment