Monday 23 February 2015

Feedback On First Draft

Feedback from first Draft:
Cover page:
On this page I have had feedback on my image, this includes, re-taking the image to get a better quality photo as it appears quite blurred and also it needs a more direct mode of adress, so the model needs to be looking at the reader. In the image i am currently using the reader is looking down and away from the reader so i need to re-think this image. I also got some positive feedback on the fonts that i chose to use saying that this works well. I got some feedback on the name for my magazine, which said that the same title is used for a charity in the UK, however i do not plan to change this as my idea was original and i have justified the choice for my title and how this links with the genre of music and my magazine as a whole.

Contents Page:
I received some positive feedback for my contents page, such as how the color palette I chose to use was successful. However i also got some positive criticism which will help me to make some changes and amendments. These include aligning my text and page numbers evenly by using a grid on photo shop. I also need to think about the main sell line on my page. Furthermore, i have been told that my cover star 'Aliyah Mae' needs more focus on the contents page so i intend to add some more illustration that involves her.

Double Page Spread: The double page spread was the page I was personally least happy with. Therefore I was interested to see what feedback for improvements could be given for this page. I have been told to link my text and image across the page and to include a pull quote and photo credit. I have also been recommended to change my font size, or color or to highlight questions so that there is a contrast between the questions and answers on my page. Furthermore, i have also been told to brand the magazine e.g: by including the magazine title at the bottom of the page. Lastly, i need to alter the positioning of one of the page numbers on my page.

I intend to use all of these suggestions to improve my work and make it of a better quality, where my product is more viable and realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment