Friday 23 January 2015

Reflection On Work

Finally write a few lines reflecting on what you have learnt so far under the follow headings:
  • Organisation and time management - how well have you adapted to the demands of the schedule and what (if any) adjustments do you need to make? I think that I did well as i managed to complete most of the work to a high standard in the time we were given. However I did find it a lot of work to do in a very short amount of time and found it quite stressful trying to fit everything in. I think when looking at work that is on my schedule before my next deadline I should fully read all the tasks that are listed and make myself a timetable of when I am going to do different sections of the work and how long I will allow myself to do each part. This will mean that each part has an equal amount of work and effort put into it and will help me to feel more organised.
  • Research and planning - what have you learnt about music magazine, what do you feel you could replicate and what do you feel you could not replicate? I have learnt a lot from looking at different music magazines over the last few weeks. For example I have seen lots of different styles and how these vary when looking at different genres of music. I have learnt a lot about the music genre I am looking at as well and the way that this genre is presented in the media. For example, it's often about doing something that will make you stand out in R&B culture, for example pushing boundaries and being daring in fashion and music. I have also learnt about the types of audience which my magazine will appeal to the must after looking on UK Tribes and decided that it will be mainly aimed at the Urban tribes. I think that all these ideas have been presented in the magazines I have already looked at, for example in the color schemes and images used, especially in magazines such as 'VIBE', which will be my main style model and inspiration for my music magazine. I have also learnt that music magazines need a good mixture of formality and informality. For example, in the double page spreads, and in interviews etc, there needs to be a good variety of serious questions alongside some more comical and jokey ones. This also applies in pictures and text on the contents page. I would like to replicate some of the layout of 'VIBE' magazine. For example, I like the way that the image makes up the background, and the way this background is often filled in with a bold color which stands out and makes the image more striking. 
  • Technology - which technologies are a strength for you and which will require additional work? I think that using Photoshop will be a challenge for me as i have never really used it before so it is unfamiliar. Therefore I think i will require some additional work on this, perhaps by doing some research on it or by doing some more practices using Photoshop to create the style I am looking for, before creating my final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment