Monday 26 January 2015

For the title of my magazine i want to use something which compliments the style i am looking at and which correlates with the design and stylistic features that I decide to use.
Some of the titles I have considered are listed below along with the reasons behind these choices:

I have done some research into the R&B genre I have looked at which suggests that this style of music developed from African-American music and that some of the lyrics focus on freedom. I tried to think of things that could represent this idea of freedom and being allowed and having the right to have freedom of speach and expressing your thoughts, like is seen in the lyrics of this type of music and tried to generate several ideas from this concept. Here are some of the titles I produced which relate to this initial idea:
*Wave 
*Drift 
*Liberty
*Scope

Lyrics often also focus on the triumphs and highs of relationships and also the lows. So i tried to come up with some titles that could relate to this area of the music genre:
*Whirlwind 
*Swift 
*Cyclone

R&B's routes are said to come from Jazz based music, with a heavy insistent Beat. Therefore i tried to produce some ideas based upon this: 
*Pulse 
*Beat
*Sensation

After looking at these I have decided that I am going to name my magazine 'Scope'. One of the definitions of the word 'scope' is 'the opportunity or possibility to do or deal with something.' R&B is often about freedom of speech in the lyrics and this is seen also in trends and styles that follow the genre. It is a style of music which combines several different elements and genres and therefore 'scope' refers to the amount of possibilities this ever-growing style of music has.


***UPDATE***
 I have added this information to this post after doing research and progressing through the stages of the coursework. From research i discovered a new sub genre of R&B, PBR&B. This is relevant to the combination of other genres of music with R&B. I have described later into my coursework the reasons behind this title. However it is mainly based around the 'fusion' of styles and the exiting, emerging new styles. This is why i have chosen to change the title of my magazine to 'FUSION'.

No comments:

Post a Comment