Friday 23 January 2015

Practice Magazine Cover

I chose an image of Rihanna which correlated with the color scheme i wanted to use, which was black, white and red. This artist fits my chosen genre and the image is very striking and bold. 

I chose the title ' The Mix' and added it in a bold white, capitalized font at the top of the page. I made it quite big, so that it would take up nearly a quarter length-wise of the page so that it was very noticeable and would stand out in front of the red background.

I added the bar code in the bottom right hand corner so that it would not distract the readers attention form the rest of the page. It also worked well with my color scheme, as it blended in with the white and black I had already used on my page.

I then added a short addition of text below the mast head, which reads 'January Issue 2.0' I tried to position this so it did not disturb the image or distract from the other main features but so that it was still clear and well presented.

I then added some text in red at the bottom of the page. I wanted this to compliment the red background, but contrast from the other text which was in white so that the readers could tell the difference between the purposes of the different pieces of text.

Finally, I added my price in the top right hand of the page, just below the title and in line with the other text I had previously put on. I tried to lay it out in a way that none of the text was too clustered together, but so that each piece of text was kept separate so that it was clearer.

I was happy with my final product, however would have made a few changes which I may consider when making my final magazine. For example i would make sure that the masthead is correctly proportioned on the page, along with the text underneath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment