Monday 19 January 2015

Audience Research

I have done some research using UK tribes to determine how i can present my magazine to the audience of my magazine.

These are the main tribes I will aim my magazine at:

*URBAN:
The urban tribe is where poverty and wealth sit side by side. It is those who often lead an inner city lifestyle, who have access to the latest trends, sounds and fashion.  Urbans are particularly interested in being part of their local environment and find importance in sharing new mix tapes and sounds through social media.  Urbans are best known for their music, one of these including R&B. Fashion wise urban style has a very similar style to that that you would expect to see in my magazine. From classic sports brands to designer urban apparel labels. This is a massively growing tribe which dominates the mainstream business.


*TRACKIES: Trackies enjoy chilling out, and spend little time stressing about things on the horizon. They enjoy some of the trends and styles that are followed by R&B artists, such as the branded trainers and trackies, as well as over sized and baggy tees. Trackies also enjoy the R&B genre and play an important role in getting behind homegrown stars. Trackies don't take abuse from others but base their tribes on respect. This tribe would be one of the target audiences for my magazine as they follow a similar style and trend to the stars who feature in my style models and stars that my magazine is based on and inspired by. Furthermore, their 'tribe motto' of respect is a commonly presented theme through many R&B tracks and their lyrics, something which links the tribe and music genre.


*STYLERS: Stylers share an urban upbringing and are keen into the 'housification' of R&B. The stylers are described to have a passion for music by artists such as Drake, Rihanna, Rita Ora and Chris Brown. These are exactly the type/style of artists my magazine will be based upon. Stylers are equally as interested in status and style as well as music, something which is big on the R&B scene. Style and public status for the stars of this music genre is of great importance. Something which links this tribe and the potential audience of my magazine.

These are the main tribes that I will associate and aim my magazine at. They are all part of the 'urban' scene and each individually have links which will create a connection between themselves and the music genre which will mean they are attracted to my style of magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment