Tuesday 24 March 2015

Progression of double page spread



Firstly I made sure that the margins were set in place so that i knew the layout of my page and where it would be appropriate for me to position everything. I then added the name of my magazine to the top corner of both of my pages for advertisement and added the page numbers in each corner also. I also added a black border in which i would display my picture. I made sure that that these were all appropriately spaced and fitted in line with the margins i had set up. Secondly, i added my main picture. This was the only picture that i chose to display in my double page spread. I think that having one striking and bold image works more effectively than two on a page that only features one single artist. Next i added my main title for the double page spread, which was the name of my artist 'Aliyah Mae'. I think that choosing to present the name of my artist here compliments the image on the right and is the most effective in attracting the reader. After this I added some extra information to work as an introduction to the main article below the name of the artist. I also made sure that this was in line with the name of the artist/ title of the article. After this I added my three main columns of text, all of which were displayed on the left hand side of the page. For this design i used inspiration from an edition of vibe magazine, featuring Bruno Mars which can be seen in several pieces of work on this blog. I kept a relatively minimalist design to the page which complimented my idea to keep the magazine looking quite slick and clean cut. I changed the color of the questions to a purple color, which complimented the main image but which also contrasted from the rest of the text so different pieces of the text could be distinguished between. Again, i ensured that the text was in line with the margins and was equally sized and spaced by using photo shops grid tool. Finally, as a finishing touch i added the photography credits to the bottom of the page, to add something extra and to brand the product and to show recognition from my work. As you can see all the main bulk of text on this page is presented in the same font, apart from the article title/name of the artist which is presented in a different font to create some contrast on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment